http://linksysfirmware.comLinksys routers are, by default set to the basic configurations so that the user can easily initially configure their network without facing any problems. But this leaves the router vulnerable to potential threats. To prevent this, the user initially has to configure their network using the router’s admin login page. The user can login to their network using www.linksyssmartwifi.com and gain access to the admin login page where the user has to enter the default information regarding their router. From there, the user can start configuring their network and further personalize it suitable to their needs.
There are some recommended steps that the user must take in order to secure their network. The user must change the username and password for their router using the configuration settings on the web based interface for the router. This way, the user’s main network will be kept safe and no unauthorized user will be able to gain access to the user’s network without their permission. The user must also update the firmware for their router. The firmware of the router is the Operating Software that runs the hardware and all its functions on the router. The firmware must be kept up to date so that the router stays compatible with the latest media devices. The firmware is also responsible for the security on the router. All the sensitive information of the router passes through the router such as the private information of the user, their emails and passwords, their banking information when they buy something online and more. The firmware must be kept up to date so that the security on the router is up to date and so that the user’s information isn’t vulnerable to any potential threats.
Here, we will provide the steps to configure the Linksys routers and the basic configuration settings to help the users understand their routers better. This way, the user will be able to personalize and secure their network.
Here are the troubleshooting steps to setup and login to the Linksys Max-Stream AC 4000 (EA9300) Router:
- Connect the Ethernet cable from the modem to the WAN port located at the back of the router.
- Now, connect another Ethernet cable from the desktop computer/laptop to any of the four internet ports of the router.
- Turn off all the devices and then turn them on after a couple of seconds. Wait for the devices to finish rebooting.
- Open any internet browser and type www.linksyssmartwifi.com in the address bar to access the admin login page for the Linksys router.
- The user will be prompted to enter the default information regarding the router. The default username and password is “admin” for both the cases. The username and password are case sensitive.
- Once the user has successfully logged in to their router, the web based interface will appear.
- Now, the user can start configuring their router further from the simple instructions provided.
- Once the user has logged in to the router, the user can manipulate, control, configure, personalize and even repair their network themselves.
Troubleshooting steps to reset the Linksys Max-Stream AC 4000 (EA9300) Router:
- Locate the reset button at the back of the router. It might be labeled as reset or restore factory settings. The label may vary for different router models.
- Using a pin, press and hold the reset button the reset button for about ten seconds. Release the button after keeping it pressed for ten seconds.
- When the power LED light will become green/white and stable, the router will have been restored back to its factory default settings.
Once the router has been reset, the personalized settings of the user will also get reset. The settings cannot be recovered after the reset has been done.
- Do not unplug the router from its power source as it can damage the router.
Troubleshooting steps to update the firmware of Linksys Max-Stream AC 4000 (EA9300) Router for security concerns:
- Download the latest firmware for the Linksys router from the Linksys Support Site and save it to the desired location on the device that is hardwired to the Linksys router.
- Open the web browser and type www.linksyssmartwifi.com in the address bar to access the router admin page for the router.
- There, the user will be asked to enter the default information regarding the router. The default username and password is “admin” for most of the Linksys routers. The username and password are case sensitive.
- Once the user has successfully logged in to the router, the web based interface will appear.
- Click the ADVANCED option. Now, click the Administration option under it.
- There, the user will see the Router Update or Firmware Update option. The label may vary for different router models.
- Click Browse to search for the previously downloaded file and upload it.
- The firmware will begin updating shortly.
Once the router has finished updating, the router will reboot itself. Once the router has finished rebooting, the user can start using their router as they please.
- Do not download the firmware file from any third party websites as they may contain some malicious content.
- Make sure that the firmware version is the latest.
- Do not remove the router from its power source as it can damage the firmware and may even render the router useless.